For Boys Ages 10 – 13 Activities and Outcomes:
- Boys will learn stress management techniques and practice centering exercises to bring balance to emotional responses.
- Boys will learn how to sharpen the powers of their mind so that they can maintain focus for longer periods of time.
- Boys will attune to the natural environment through nature awareness practices, primitive skill development, and nature solos.
- Boys will develop their capacity for compassion through mindfulness practices and service to others.
- Boys will practice standing in their integrity with a supportive group, giving them the tools to integrate this behavior in everyday life.
2017/18 Schedule – Spaces Still Available!We will meet the second Saturday of each month* October 2017 – May 2018 from 10am – 3pm. There will be follow-up activities to do between classes. Please take a realistic look at your son’s schedule before signing up to make sure he will have sufficient time and energy to participate fully in the program. October 14th, 2017: Honoring what has come before – Skyliner Lodge November 11th, 2017: Giving thanks for all our relations – Juniper Jungle Learning Farm December 9th, 2017: Offering our light to the world – Skyliner Lodge January 13th, 2018: Going within and finding the darkness – Skyliner Lodge February 10th, 2018: Awakening to compassion – Juniper Jungle Learning Farm March 10th, 2018: Growing into our strength – Skyliner Lodge April 14th, 2018: Asking for help – Skyliner Lodge May 12th, 2018: Seeking our truth sit spot initiation The culmination of this Boys program will be a Sit Spot initiation in May. As a group we will co-create the plan for the day. This is something each young man must decide to do on their own and will not be required. Should a boy feel called to participate, he will be supported and guided through an extended nature solo that he will co-create with Dreamer. More details on this experience will be shared as the program unfolds. *April’s class will be the second Saturday due to the Earth Day Fair
Instructors Rainbow Dreamer Brenden Butler Tuition $497 Early Bird through September 1st / $527 thereafter Payment Plans are available through our registration system. Sibling and Multi-Session Discounts Apply! Absence Policy To ensure the long-term stability of Wildheart Nature School, missed classes within a series paid in full at the beginning of the term will not be refunded. This includes payments that are scheduled to be processed through a payment plan. Cancellation Policy Although your payment is not always 100% refundable, it is 100% transferable, meaning if you find another girl to take your daughter’s spot before the term begins there is no extra fee.
- If you withdraw from a class 30 days or more before the beginning of the session and have already paid the class fee, Wildheart will refund all but 10% of your payment.
- If you withdraw 15-30 days before the start date, Wildheart will refund all but 25% of your total payment.
- If canceling 8-15 days before the start date, Wildheart will refund all but 50% of your total payment.
- No refunds will be given 8 days or less from the start date of the class.
- No refunds will be given in the middle of a session.