Activities and Outcomes:
- Boys will learn stress management techniques and practice centering exercises to bring balance to emotional responses.
- Boys will learn how to sharpen the powers of their mind so that they can maintain focus for longer periods of time.
- Boys will attune to the natural environment through nature awareness practices, primitive skill development, and nature solos.
- Boys will develop their capacity for compassion through mindfulness practices and service to others.
- Boys will practice standing in their integrity with a supportive group, giving them the tools to integrate this behavior in everyday life.
- Boys will learn about diet (from an open and supportive perspective, without judgements) and how it affects our lives and the planet.
Human culture is rapidly evolving and transforming in the global community. In this river of change we are being swept downstream in currents of technology and industry that our elders have only recently witnessed the birth of. Brand new ideas, new ways of connecting with each other, and new modes of defining our world have left us dizzy and in wonder. This blur of evolution has made it is easy to loose ourselves, to forget our humanity. In this immersive program we will gather together as males to remember our collective power in this evolution. As the boys walk the path of becoming young men, we will look at what it means to find compassion for one another and serve the people of our community as warriors of a new era. Being a healthy human requires balance, and we will actively embrace our softer natures, seeking to remember our feminine strengths. In the excursions we take into nature, we will quest to know our place in this evolving human picture and allow the positive potential of our future to be our guide. Boys who undergo this process will leave with a better understanding of how to keep their center amidst stressful situations, how to better manage their emotional reactions, how to find peace in a busy world, and how to be an example of what is right and true on their path. This program is intended for boys who wish to transition into the next level of manhood with a supportive group of friends and experienced mentors. It is for boys who are serious about growing emotionally and developing their minds into great tools of power. Families and parents will be asked to support the boys in their process of transformation through weekly practices and fun exercises. As we explore nature together, we will discover the positive qualities of masculinity, learn to work as a group, and find our place in this exciting space of the present moment.
2017 Spring Schedule: May 6th at Tumalo Ranch and May 20th at Smith Rock State Park
We will meet the second Saturday of each month* October 2017 – May 2018 from 10am – 3pm. There will be follow-up activities to do between classes. Please take a realistic look at your son’s schedule before signing up to make sure he will have sufficient time and energy to participate fully in the program.
October 14th, 2017: Honoring what has come before – Skyliner Lodge
November 11th, 2017: Giving thanks for all our relations – Location TBA
December 9th, 2017: Offering our light to the world – Skyliner Lodge
January 13th, 2018: Going within and finding the darkness – Skyliner Lodge
February 10th, 2018: Awakening to compassion – Location TBA
March 10th, 2018: Growing into our strength – Skyliner Lodge
April 14th, 2018: Asking for help – Skyliner Lodge
May 12th, 2018: Seeking our truth sit spot initiation – TBA
The culmination of this Boys program will be a Sit Spot initiation in May. As a group we will co-create the plan for the day. This is something each young man must decide to do on their own and will not be required. Should a boy feel called to participate, he will be supported and guided through an extended nature solo that he will co-create with Dreamer. More details on this experience will be shared as the program unfolds.
*April’s class will be the second Saturday due to the Earth Day Fair
$497 Early Bird through September 1st / $527 thereafter
Payment Plans are available through our registration system. Sibling and Multi-Session Discounts Apply!
To ensure the long-term stability of Wildheart Nature School, missed classes within a series paid in full at the beginning of the term will not be refunded. This includes payments that are scheduled to be processed through a payment plan.
Although your payment is not always 100% refundable, it is 100% transferable, meaning if you find another girl to take your daughter’s spot before the term begins there is no extra fee.
- If you withdraw from a class 30 days or more before the beginning of the session and have already paid the class fee, Wildheart will refund all but 10% of your payment.
- If you withdraw 15-30 days before the start date, Wildheart will refund all but 25% of your total payment.
- If canceling 8-15 days before the start date, Wildheart will refund all but 50% of your total payment.
- No refunds will be given 8 days or less from the start date of the class.
- No refunds will be given in the middle of a session.